Vegan pancakes are not new and aren't even new to my blog but as it's coming up to pancake day I figured I should refine my usual pancake recipe to create something relatively bland and neither sweet nor savoury to be perfect for adding whatever toppings you desire which I definitely achieved.
Usually there would be a mashed banana or two in my pancake mixture although if I add banana you can taste that it's there which not only do some people dislike it but it possibly is not the best when you want to add savoury toppings so this recipe is totally banana free!
I also videoed making these pancakes the other morning before my brothers went to school for breakfast so if you need a visual aid or my recipe writing skills are inadequate feel free to watch that here!
1 cup of oats
1 cup of flour
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp baking powder
Coconut or any other oil
1. Blend all ingredients together
2. Melt tsp of oil in pan at medium to low heat.
3. Pour batter into the pan, tilting to spread all the way around the surface of the pan into a large circle.
4. Flip pancake once bubbles have formed on the uncooked side / the mixture looks set and cook for a further minute or so then plate up.
5. Repeat until you run out of mixture and top with whatever you like!
If you try this recipe or intend to let me know in the comments!